Hold on to your kilts and prepare the porridge, it’s time to ‘Defend the Highlands‘!
Buy ‘Defend the Highlands‘
‘Defend the Highlands‘ combines the genres of Tower Defence, Real Time Strategy and Scotland. Build defences, recruit from the best highland clans, manage their porridge stockpile and fight off the invading English. If Mel Gibson had used these tactics in Braveheart, the history of Scotland would have been VERY different!
Led by the short, hairy and nationalistic pub owner Alfredo, the Scots must make use of traditional Scottish weaponry, such as golf clubs and haggis catapults to defend Scotland and to take the fight to the Sassenach enemy.
- Fight bizarre enemies: Welshmen who ride sheep into battle, English teapot hurlers, Irish potato farmers and many more.
- Build crazy defensive structures including porridge cannons, turnip turrets and cheese wheel stations.
- Building your defences is only half the equation. Unlike ordinary tower defence games, you will also have to man your towers with Scotsmen.
- Recruit Scotsmen to your cause by playing bagpipes – but be sure to keep your bagpipe players defended!
- Capture and hold oat farms to keep your porridge stockpile full.
- Command powerful hero characters – from the humble pub owner Alfredo, to the great William Wallace himself.
- Earn points to upgrade your Scotsmen and defensive structures.
- Fight the enemy through a 20 level story mode, or play custom matches in skirmish mode.
Title: Defend the Highlands
Players: Single Player
Publisher: Kiss Ltd
Developer: Kilted Camel
Release Date: Friday 31 July 2015
SRP: $9.99, £7.99, 8,99€, 249 pуб
About the Early Access build
Defend the Highlands is the latest in a line of hugely successful Early Access titles from Kiss Ltd, including Rising World and Project Nimbus. The game already features most of the key gameplay mechanics. However, given the size of the dev studio, the developer needs the help & support of the gaming community prior to a full launch to help add the finishing touches.
For all media enquiries regarding Defend the Highlands, please contact Dave Clark at Kiss (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the developer
Kilted Camel is a one-man game studio, located way out in the sticks of Albany, Western Australia (that well known corner of Scotland). ‘Defend the Highlands’ is the studios first game and began as a student project. It soon became a single-minded obsession.
The developer behind Kilted Camel is Jeff Cocking, a digital media student obsessed with everything Scottish, yet unable to bring himself to eat porridge. Working as a farm hand by day, Jeff pours almost all of his free time into making games. Why? Because making games is fun!
Kilted Camel games aim to make players laugh, while also delivering a fun and challenging gameplay experience.