The Number One Cricket management game returns for 2016 with the launch today, 5 July 2016, of Cricket Captain 2016. It’s time for cricket fans around the world to put their tactical expertise to the test in the most in-depth cricket management game ever made.
Developed in association with Chris Rogers, captain of Somerset, Cricket Captain 2016 has more playable teams, new South African and New Zealand leagues, and more great features than ever before.
Cricket Captain has been hailed as the best cricket management simulation ever created and Cricket Captain 2016 takes the game to the next level with day/night matches, an updated interface, improved match engine and all the attention to detail that you expect from the series.
Key features for 2016 include:
- 79 playable domestic teams: across 5 domestic leagues, including 12 new teams in the New Zealand and South African domestic cricket leagues.
- Day/Night matches, with night-time 3D highlights and match conditions.
- In-Game Help System – help text available with guidance and tips.
- Updated Tournament modes – updated One Day International and 20 Over World Cup tournaments. Play as any international team that played in the last two World Cups including Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Oman, Scotland or the UAE.
- New 3D lighting system.
- User controlled cameras in 3D highlights – choose between active and user-controlled cameras.
- Improved One Day and T20 match engine – combined with revised player form calculation for One Day and T20 games.
- Updated kits – for International teams, NZ and SA domestic teams.
- Historical scenarios – Classic series between England, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
- Improved interface.
- New database – with improved player ability ratings.
- New Achievements.
Cricket Captain 2016 launches today, 5th July 2016 with an SRP of $24.99 / €22.99 / £19.99.
To learn more about Cricket Captain 2016, Childish Things and Kiss Ltd, journalists are requested to contact Kiss Ltd by sending an email to Dave Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reviewers on Twitch, YouTube and Twitter can also request keys via Key Mailer.
About Childish Things
Childish Things have been creating cricket management titles since 1998 when International Cricket Captain first hit the shelves to wide critical acclaim. The game was an instant success, reaching number one in the UK PC charts with over 50,000 sales. Since then, the game has been refined and re-worked with incredible attention to detail, helping to capture every nuance of modern cricket.
New frontiers have been opened through versions for iPhone, Android and Mac, with the current version set to reach its biggest ever audience.